What is a soursop fruit?
The Soursop fruit, also known as Graviola. The creamy texture and rich flavor of this spiky green fruit are typically compared to pineapple or strawberry. Soursop fruit is normally eaten raw, with the flesh scooped out after cutting the fruit in half. Fruits come in a variety of sizes and can be fairly huge, so it’s preferable to divide them into many servings. This fruit is low in calories but abundant in numerous nutrients in a typical serving.
15 health benefits of soursop leaves:
- Its high in antioxidants.
- Kill cancer cells.
- It can help fight bacteria.
- Reduce inflammation.
- it increase your energy level.
- Used to maintain blood sugar.
- It may assist to keep blood sugar levels under control.
- soursop leavs tea is very useful for weight loss.
- A best thinkg for glowing skin.
- It help the body to fight against different type of bactaria.
- boost immunity or boost immune system is one of the best health benefits of soursop leaves.
- This is use to prevent diarrhoea.
- It helps to boost the sperm quality.
- Treat constipation.
- prevent pregnency.
Where Soursop fruit is found?
Soursop fruit is the fruit of Annona muricata, a tree native to the Americas’ tropical regions.
Proteins: 1 gram
Carbs: 16.8 grams
Fiber: 3.3 grams
Vitamin C: 34% of RDI
Potassium: 8% of RDI
Magnesium: 5% of RDI
Thiamine: 5% of RDI
How to grow it?
- Less than 30 days after harvesting, plant the seeds in peat pots filled with potting soil.
- Maintain a moist but not soaking wet soil If viable, soursop seeds germinate in 15 to 30 days.
- In the garden, rake 2 inches of compost into the soil in a sunny, south-facing position with wind protection.
- Dig holes large enough to hold each plant’s root ball.
- Cover the plant’s base with dirt, then cover it with 3 inches of mulch to keep it moist.
- During the first year, treat soursop trees with 10-10-10 fertiliser, using a total of one-half pound per tree and splitting the quantity at quarterly intervals.
- Each year, reapply mulch to the trees, expanding the application area to 5 feet as the tree’s root system matures.
How to include Soursop fruit in your diet?
- Use Soursop fruit in juices, ice cream and sorbets
- Flesh can be added to smoothies
- Made into teas
- Used to help sweeten baked goods
- Enjoyed raw