It is a national dish of Bhutan. The word Ema means chilli and the word Datshi means cheese. It is a hot chilli and cheese soup. It is a very simple and attractive dish. it is very good for the throat. The appearance and the texture of the dish are very unique.
The soup is very low in fat. It is used for weight loss. The soup is a combination of many crunchy veggies. The veggies are boiled which increase the power of the ingredients. The soup relaxes the immune system. It keeps you hydrated.
It keeps you warm in the cold. It provides great energy to the body. We should not use the canned food because it is very dangerous to the health.
How to make Ema Datshi soup
Bhutan's national cuisine, Ema Datshi, is a fiery stew prepared with chilli peppers, onions, and locally produced yak cheese.
- Firstly quarter the peppers lenthwise and slit green chillies
- Then take a frying pan to add peppers, green chillies, sliced onions, roughly chopped garlic, diced tomatoes, salt, oil, water and turn on the heat now mix it and cover it with a lid.
- Boil on a medium flame for 15 minutes and add butter
- Add cheese turn off the heat before adding cheese or it might curdle
- Cover with the lid.
- Allow the residual heat to melt the cheese for 2 minutes
- Take your time to stir everything well
- Serve ema datshi with red rice
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 422.59
- Calories from Fat 144.3
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 16.03g25%
- Cholesterol 35.72mg12%
- Sodium 499.03mg21%
- Potassium 405.25mg12%
- Protein 12.17g25%
- Vitamin C 162.9%
- Calcium 205.1%
- Iron 1.7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.