Disregard the boxed mixes or pre-packaged pudding glasses. Making Homemade Vanilla Pudding is as simple as can be and the results are beyond scrumptious! Pudding is any of different delicate sweet pastries thickened ordinarily with flour and baked or bubbled or steamed. So, Vanilla pudding is a sweet vanilla flavored custard-like pudding usually thickened with flour instead of eggs.
Of course, you’ll want to form this dish if you’re celebrating National Vanilla Pudding Day on May 22. But you’ll adore this velvety, relieving pudding recipe so much that you’ll be cheerful to eat bowlfuls of it all year long. Put down the instant pudding mix. This rich and flavorful Homemade Vanilla Pudding couldn’t be simpler or more delicious!
A luscious dessert. Super rich, superbly sweet, and easy, this classic pudding is awesome on its own can be dressed up along with your favorites. It’s safe and sound! There’s nothing complicated around this recipe. And the results are super delightful and fulfilling. It’s completely worth it!
How to make Vanilla Pudding
Nothing is more easier or delicious than this creamy and yummy Homemade Vanilla Pudding!
Pudding has had to be the most underappreciated dessert of all time. It's not as opulent or indulgent as a pot de crème, mousse, but it's still delicious. That's what I like about it.
You can serve this pudding plain, with cookies, fruit, or whipped cream on top.
- First, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a pan. Mix milk gradually.
- Cook it over medium flame until the mixture thickens and boils. One minute of boiling and stirring.
- Stir at least half of the heated mixture into the egg yolks, then return to the saucepan with the rest of the hot mixture. Remove from heat after one minute of boiling and stirring.
- Now, combine the butter and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl.
- Finally, fill dessert bowls with pudding. Cover and chill for 1 hour or until completely cold. Serve and enjoy.
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 286
- Calories from Fat 74
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 8.4g13%
- Saturated Fat 2.2g12%
- Cholesterol 2.2mg1%
- Sodium 312mg13%
- Potassium 144mg5%
- Total Carbohydrate 50g17%
- Sugars 38g
- Protein 3.2g7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.