Spicy Middle Eastern Roasted is also known as Batata harra. It is originated from the Lebanese. It is a vegetable dish. the word batata harra means spicy potatoes. this dish is probably the perfect potato dish. these potatoes are cooked with a middle eastern twist. This dish is served as an appetizer. This dish belongs to Lebanese cuisine. This dish is a high-calorie dish.
This dish has many vitamins. The potatoes are deep-fried that is why it is a high-calorie dish. The potatoes can be baked too. This dish can also be served with meat also to enhance the taste. These potatoes are coated with spice and cooked in a unique manner. Boil and fry the potatoes to decrease the calories count. Double frying the potato is a tradition is of Lebanese.
With some classical ingredients, this dish is prepared. A few minutes of your daily life is required to cook this special dish. First, the potatoes are boiled in salt. Then the potatoes are roasted or baked in olive oil. Now the perfect harissa is added along with the black pepper.
How to make Spicy Middle Eastern Roasted Potatoes
Spicy Middle Eastern Roasted Potatoes are full of flavor. These potatoes are called "Batata Harra" in the Arabic language which refers to spicy /hot potatoes. It's the most popular dish in the Middle East. It is easy to make at home with common ingredients.
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Cut the potatoes in cubic shape and boil them in salted water.
- Then drain out the boiled potatoes in a bowl.
- Sprinkle olive oil and sunflower oil over the potatoes.
- Then add 1/2 tsp of harissa and black pepper.
- Mix them nicely.
- Take a baking sheet and spread the prepared potatoes on it.
- Put them for baking in a preheated oven.
- Bake them for 10 minutes.
- Then take out the sheet and sprinkle minced garlic, remaining 1/2 tsp of harissa, red pepper, chili flakes, and half cilantro on potatoes.
- Then again get back to the oven and bake the potatoes for more than 20 minutes until it gets golden brown.
- Then take a large glass bowl and move out the potatoes form the sheet.
- Add grated lemon and lemon juice to it.
- Before serving, sprinkle the remaining cilantro on potatotes.
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 117
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 3.6g6%
- Saturated Fat 0.5g3%
- Sodium 301mg13%
- Potassium 540.6mg16%
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6g7%
- Dietary Fiber 2g8%
- Sugars 1.2g
- Protein 2.3g5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.