Shortbread is a traditional Scottish biscuit normally made from one part white sugar, butter, and 3 to 4 elements of simple wheat flour. Unlike many different biscuits and baked goods, shortbread does now no longer incorporate any leavening, consisting of baking powder or baking soda. Shortbread is broadly related to Christmas and Hogmanay celebrations in Scotland, and a few Scottish makers are shipped across the world.
Ideal for customizing together along with your favorite goodies! just love the soft, tender, barely crumbly consistency of those traditional Scottish Shortbread cookies. But for a sparkling twist, you can be delivered some unique substances to raise them to a good greater scrumptious holiday treat. Buttery Scottish shortbread is a company biscuit that provides a delicious, soften in the mouth water crumbliness.
Traditional Scottish Shortbread Recipe Perfectly irresistibly buttery, and splendidly delicious, Scottish Shortbread has been a year-spherical favored deal with for centuries! Shortbread is as simple and easy as a cookie (biscuit). But it’s additionally divinely delicious. And because of this shortbread has been a favorite in the course of the United Kingdom for masses of years. Shortbread could be very easy, very clean to make, and as soon as you’ve made it yourself there could be no need to shop for it again! Its taste and texture improve over time.
How to make Scottish Shortbread
Scottish Shortbread has been a year-round favourite treat for ages because it is perfectly crumbly, irresistibly buttery, and delicious!
- First, preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix butter and brown sugar for 5-7 minutes till light and creamy.
- Mix in 3-3/4 cup flour well.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes on a floured surface, adding enough leftover flour for a soft dough.
- Now, roll to a thickness of 1/2 inch.
- Make 3x1-inch strips. Place 1 inch apart on a baking pan.
- Using a fork, prick the skin. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cookies are gently browned.
- Serve and enjoy.
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 153.8
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 10.4g16%
- Saturated Fat 6.5g33%
- Cholesterol 27.1mg10%
- Sodium 72.9mg4%
- Potassium 17.9mg1%
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9g5%
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g2%
- Sugars 3.3g
- Protein 1.5g3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.