Potato Roesti is also known as Rösti and rööschti. It is also known with the name Potato Pancakes and Acadian dish. The people of France call this dish röstis bernois. It is generally a breakfast dish. It is a famous Swiss dish. Swedish people consider this dish a national dish. This dish was born in the state of Canton of Bern. this dish is easily available in the restaurant. This dish is loved by farmers most. This dish is served with sausages, cheese and meat. You can turn your potatoes into a beautiful dish.
This dish is prepared with grate potatoes, sauteed in butter. The crispy potatoes from the outside and juicy from the inside. The most dangerous thing in potatoes is water. but by boiling the potatoes a lot of water is reduced. As the potatoes are full of starch. There are two types of starch amylopectin and amylose. Amylopectin is the one that holds the potato together after cooking.
So now we are going to start the recipe. Boil the potatoes half boiled. Left it in the freezer for one night to set it well. To form a perfect texture grater the potatoes. In a pan cook it as a pan cake. Enjoy the dish and serve immediately while hot.
How to make Potato Roesti
In the style of a fritter, rösti or rööschti is a Swiss cuisine made primarily of potatoes. It began as a breakfast dish popular among farmers in the Bern canton but has now spread throughout Switzerland and the world
- Potatoes are parboiled (not fully boiled) and stored in the refrigerator overnight. This helps the potato to grate and cook well
- Take a grater and use the largest part of the grater for the best texture of potatoes
- Now, take a frying pan add butter and in heated butter add the grated potatoes and fry for 4-5 minutes
- Then add salt at this point and stir it for a while
- Flatten the potatoes a bit and let them cook for 10 minutes or until golden on the sides
- Use a plate to flip the roesti
- Again take a frying pan, heat the butter
- Gently slide the roesti back into the pan
- Gently press the sides to form a neat cake
- Cook for 10 minutes
- Potato roesti is ready
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 75
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 1.7g3%
- Saturated Fat 0.5g3%
- Cholesterol 61.7mg21%
- Sodium 36.3mg2%
- Potassium 201mg6%
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6g5%
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g9%
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 3.3g7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.