Margherita Pizza is made with some special ingredients. San Marzano tomatoes are a special type of tomato. It is used to prepare the sauce. In honour of the queen of Italy. Pizzeria Brandi’s chef invented margherita pizza in 1889. The Margherita pizza was in the spotlight because of the queen’s visit.
It is a very healthy pizza because of the less topping. It is a lightweight pizza. Crispy thin crust and the few things on the top makes it better. It is way healthier than a simple pizza. Because the simple pizza requires more topping which adds calories to the pizza and is way bad for the health.
But the vegetable pizza is more healthy than the Margherita pizza. Because we all know that the veggies are better than the cheese and the beef. This pizza is very simple and easy to make. Only in few minutes of your required to prepare this elegant dish.
How to make Margherita Pizza
Pizza is the only fast food loved by everyone. Italian food never failed to impress us. Margherita Pizza Recipe is a very simple and unique recipe. Easy to make at home.
For Pizza dough:
For the topping:
Prepare the Pizza dough:
- Add salt, yeast, and water into the flour and fry in sugar.
- Set aside for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Take a bowl, add flour.
- Then add 15ml olive oil and 100ml yeast. Mix it well.
- Now add the remaining yeast and olive oil and mix it well.
- Sprinkle flour on the surface.
- To make sure the dough does not stick.
- Mix the dough with your fingertips to make it elastic.
Shopping the dough:
- In a bowl, place the dough and pour the extra virgin oil gently.
- To establish it, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and keep it aside for 50 mins.
- After the dough is established, cut it into tiny pieces for pizza.
- Before rolling out, sprinkle the flour on the surface.
Prepare the topping:
- Grease the baking pan.
- Place the pan in the oven with the hottest setting.
- Roll out the freshly prepared pizza dough with a rolling tool and place it on the pan.
- Layer with a light coating of passata sauce, then sprinkles mozzarella cheese and basil leaves.
- Bake the pizza for 10 to 12 mins.
- Take out the pan.
- Sprinkle extra virgin oil, black pepper, and fresh basil on the top.
- Margherita Pizza is ready to eat!
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 170
- Calories from Fat 81
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 9g14%
- Saturated Fat 2.1g11%
- Cholesterol 6.8mg3%
- Sodium 398mg17%
- Potassium 135mg4%
- Total Carbohydrate 18g6%
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g7%
- Sugars 1.6g
- Protein 4.5g9%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.