This dish is also known as khao soy which means the rich cut. There is a very similar dish to Khao Soi which is Ohn no khao swè. This dish is traditon for the poeple of the northern Thailand. It was invented by Chin how. it is a type of soup noodles. The favour is very interesting. It will excites your taste buds. This is very popular outside the thailand.
Khao soi is quite healthy let have look why this is healthy. The paste of Khao soi is very heathly because it includes very healthy ingredients and spices. It also have a lot calories because of the coconut milk. Don’t forget the egg noodle they are also high in the carbs.
This recipe is prepared with a very ideal method. It prepared with a interesting ingredients whij are available at your near supermarket. You can also buy low fat coconut milk. The fish is not healthy because it very high in sodium. A bundle of veggies are added in the dish to increase the taste the of the dish.
How to make Khao Soi
Although it is probable that the name is essentially a corruption of the Burmese term for noodles – "Khao swè" – which would explain the variants.
- Place chiles in a small heatproof basin, cover with boiling water, and soak for 25–30 minutes, or until softened.
- Drain the chillies and save the soaking liquid. In a food processor, puree the chiles, shallots, garlic, ginger, cilantro stems, coriander, turmeric, curry powder, and 2 tablespoons soaking liquid until smooth, adding more soaking liquid by tablespoonfuls as needed.
- Take a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook, stirring regularly, for 4–6 minutes, until the khao soi paste has slightly browned.
- Pour in the coconut milk and broth. Bring to a boil and then add the chicken. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20–25 minutes, or until chicken is fork-tender. Place the chicken on a plate. Allow it to cool somewhat before shredding the meat.
- In the meantime, prepare the noodles according to the package recommendations.
- Toss in the chicken, 3 tablespoons fish sauce, and the sugar. If necessary, season with salt or additional fish sauce. To serve, divide the soup and noodles among dishes and top with desired toppings.
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 666
- Calories from Fat 350
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 39g60%
- Saturated Fat 25g125%
- Trans Fat 0.2g
- Cholesterol 136mg46%
- Sodium 1146mg48%
- Potassium 788mg23%
- Total Carbohydrate 55g19%
- Dietary Fiber 4.8g20%
- Sugars 5.5g
- Protein 30g60%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.