Different well-known names for Kashmiri tea are Kashmiri chai, Pink chai, or Noon chai. Word noon implies salt, an ingredient that’s continuously utilized in making a conventional pink chai. Kashmiri tea or pink tea is a conventional tea beverage, starting from the Kashmir Valley. Kashmiri Chai has continuously been a bit of a puzzler. An aspirational, fastidiously prepared drink that requires hours of consideration, tea takes off from a specific region, a bicep workout, and a good dose of persistence. And as it were then will it be the right shade of pink possibly.
As the title recommends, Noon chai is a salty drink but has picked up ubiquity over Pakistan as a sweet concoction. Certainly, inside Pakistan, Kashmiri Chai is a bit of a delicacy because of the long, somewhat strenuous preparation of making it.
It’s a staple tea in Kashmir and very prevalent in Pakistan and the other parts of Northern India. Kashmiri chai is a milk tea characterized by its dusty pink color and garnishing of smashed nuts. And yes, you can make it at home easily by just following the given steps below.
How to make KASHMIRI CHAI
It has a flavor that is rich, creamy, and sweet. This is not a traditional Noon Chai recipe, but it is a tasty alternative.
Instead of spending hours over the stove, try this quick one-pot Kashmiri Chai recipe. Let's get started.
- First, heat a medium saucepan over a high flame.
- Then add water, Kashmiri chai leaves, star anise, green cardamom pods, cloves, and cinnamon. Let it boil.
- If the water is fully boiled, add baking soda.
- Now allow this mixture to boil over high heat for 7-6 minutes.
- Note: The froth in the water will change color from pale green to a rich pink. If not, add 1/8 teaspoon baking soda.
- You will notice that amount of water will be drastically reduced, almost completely evaporated.
- Add milk, salt, and sweetener. Allow it to come to a light boil, then immediately turn off the flame.
- Note: Do not allow it to boil for too long as it'll start to lose some of its pink colors.
- Finally, taste and adjust salt and sweetener.
- Serve the tea into cups and garnish it with crushed almonds and pistachios.
Serving Size 20
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 1444
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 12g19%
- Total Carbohydrate 296g99%
- Protein 36g72%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.