These chicken fajita sandwiches are made with chicken fajita balls laid on top of bread, with mildly heated spices and pepper cheese, and then baked until toasted, melted, and perfect. You can cook this recipe with leftover fajita if you don’t want to eat the same meal two nights in a row, or make a batch of chicken and fresh fajita to make sandwiches.
These chicken fajita sandwiches are infused with chicken, bell pepper, and lots of cheese, all on toast. Sandwich is a classic favorite and is a variation of the original with Mexican flavored chicken instead of steak.
Fry the chicken in a hot skillet so that the outside of the chicken is lightly toasted, has a pleasant smoke smell and an authentic taste. Add oil then add peppers and onions and sauté until softened. Add 1 teaspoon of fajita seasoning and continue to fry until they begin to soften. Take out and put aside. Turn off the stove. Use one side of each slice of bread. Sprinkle with more cheese and then add butter to the bread. Reduce heat to medium and sauté on both sides until golden brown with cheese, repeat with rest of bread, then cut in half and serve with sour cream/sauce.
How to make Fajita Sandwiches
These hot sandwiches are not only easy to prepare but also become a family favorite snack. Fajita sandwiches became a standard lunch and favored by both kids and adults.
So let's get started.
- First, take a heated pan and add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Then, we will add chicken. Cook this until the chicken is golden or perfectly cooked.
- Now, we will add onions and mix.
- Add vinegar and soya sauce.
- Add garlic powder.
- Adding red chili powder, salt.
- Adding mix coriander and cumin powder.
- Now, I’m adding black pepper powder and chili sauce.
- Add green and red capsicum and mix everything well.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- At last, add ketchup.
- Just mix everything well and we are done.
- Now I’m going to make a sandwich. So, take a bread slice and add the prepared mixture to it.
- Sprinkle top with cheese and put another slice on it.
- I’m going to heat this sandwich on the grill. Apply butter with the help of a brush and put the sandwich on the grill.
- And now applying the butter on top as well.
- Cover it with a lid. After a while check if the sandwiches are done.
- Finally, take them out on a plate.
- Serve and enjoy.
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 580
- Calories from Fat 180
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 20g31%
- Saturated Fat 9g45%
- Cholesterol 75mg25%
- Sodium 1500mg63%
- Total Carbohydrate 62g21%
- Dietary Fiber 3g12%
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 34g68%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Note: Do not worry if you don't have a grill at home take any flat pan available.