Shawarma is a Levantine Middle easterner dish. Initially made with lamb, mutton, or chicken. Shawarma is one of the world’s most prevailing street foods, especially in Egypt, the states of the Levant, the Middle Eastern Peninsula, and the rest of the Middle East.
Robust and flavorful simple Chicken Shawarma at home! Beats takeout any day of the week, and is culminate for work or school lunch. Chicken Shawarma is succulent chicken marinated in a mix of Middle Eastern flavors that’s stacked in a cone-like shape and gradually roasted. It’s an extremely well-known street food within the Mediterranean, but you can get those same delightful flavors right at home.
This Chicken Shawarma recipe is getting to thump your socks off! Just a modest bunch of each-day flavors makes a mind-blowing Chicken Shawarma marinade that implants the chicken with extraordinary Middle Eastern flavors. The scent when typically cooking is crazy! This speedy and simple chicken recipe is one the full family will adore. This chicken will also make the idealized next-day lunch.
How to make Chicken shawarma
Chicken shawarma is a famous Middle Eastern recipe.
It's a really well-liked street meal. But now you can enjoy the same flavor at home
- First, marinate the chicken in a bowl with all spices.
- Also, add onion slices in the same bowl and mix well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or overnight to marinate.
- For the sauce, whisk together all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. If needed, add salt.
- Note: You can keep this sauce for 4-5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 425° and grease a large baking sheet with cooking oil or butter. Place the chicken and onion on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake it for 30 minutes in the oven, or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked thoroughly.
- Note: Allow 5 minutes for the chicken to rest on the cutting board before slicing thinly.
- To serve, top warmed pita bread with chicken on a platter. Garnish it with onion rings, romaine, sliced cucumber, and sauce.
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 172
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 4g7%
- Saturated Fat 0.8g4%
- Cholesterol 76mg26%
- Sodium 522.4mg22%
- Potassium 365.2mg11%
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8g1%
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g2%
- Sugars 0.2g
- Protein 30.5g61%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.