Chicken Karahi (called Gosht Karahi when made with goat or lamb instead of chicken) or Karahi Chicken is a dish from the Indian subcontinent, which is characterized by spicy flavor; it specializes in North Indian and Pakistani cuisine. The Pakistan version does not have chili (chili powder) or onions, while the North Indian version uses chili powder. This dish was prepared in Karachi. Cooking and boiling may take 30-50 minutes. The disk can also be saved for later use. It can be paired with naan, kebab, or rice. This dish is one of the hallmarks of Indian and Pakistani cuisine.
As far as curry is concerned, Karahi Chicken is a thick tomato ginger curry from the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa region. The original and authentic cooking method is very specific. Karahi is usually made with ginger. Garlic and tomatoes as well as fresh green peppers, ginger, chopped garlic, and coriander. Very thick jam sauce, very strong flavor-delicious!
Traditional Karahi has changed a lot over time: in order to increase the amount of masala sauce while reducing costs, onions are frequently added to restaurants, so that many people know they don’t even know the real recipe contains onions. I have also seen variants that use chunks of red onion and chili, such as chicken Jalfrezi. Modern conveniences such as canned tomatoes and canned ginger and garlic are also normal.
How to make Chicken Karahi
The chicken karahi's recipe and instructions, which I'm sharing with you today are for the real deal. There are no onions to bulk up the dish; all is fresh, crisp, and plain.
- First, let's marinate the chicken.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, salt, black pepper powder, lemon juice, and yogurt. Mix everything nicely and set it aside.
- Then, take a pan and add oil on a low flame.
- Add tomatoes and fry them. Cover them with a lid for 5 minutes.
- When tomatoes are soft add chili flakes and marinated chicken.
- Mix well and cover it for 10 minutes.
- After that add some ginger, green chilies, and coriander leaves.
- Adding some fried onions and garam masala. Mix everything nicely.
- Cook until the oil separates from the curry.
- Finally, dish it out and garnish it with some ginger, green chilies, and green coriander.
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 224.6
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 10.2g16%
- Saturated Fat 1.5g8%
- Trans Fat 1.2g
- Cholesterol 52.6mg18%
- Sodium 84mg4%
- Potassium 555mg16%
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8g4%
- Dietary Fiber 3.1g13%
- Sugars 0.7g
- Protein 22.9g46%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Don't add water to it as, yogurt already leaves the water.