How to make Chicken Criss-Cross Pastry
The chicken criss-cross pastry is one of my favorite braided and stuffed bread. This bread is ideal for tea parties. Mostly, people like to serve it with spicy garlic sauce, but you can do variations with the sauce. Hers's the easiest recipe for you.
For chicken filling
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Combine 4 cups flour, 1 tablespoon quick yeast, 2 tablespoons milk, 1 teaspoon salt, 4 tablespoons oil, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon castor sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly add warm water to the dough to form it.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes, or until it is soft and bounces back when pressed. Cover the dough and let it rise for at least 45 minutes.
- In a pan, add 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 chopped red onions. Then saute the onions.
- Add flour and let it cook for about 2 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Pour milk and stir slowly until it becomes thick.
- Add the chicken, coriander, green chilies, black pepper powder, and salt.
- Mix it well. After that, divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
- Roll one dough part into a rectangular shape. Brush some melted butter on it.
- Cut diagonal slits in the long sides of the rectangle and stuff with the chicken filling.
- Fold the slits in a crisscross pattern, fold neatly from the ends.
- Repeat this for the second dough part. Brush the bread with an egg and sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Place the bread on a greased baking tray and bake for about 25-30 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy with chili garlic sauce.
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 339
- Calories from Fat 160
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 18g28%
- Saturated Fat 7.7g39%
- Cholesterol 102mg34%
- Sodium 817mg35%
- Potassium 424mg13%
- Total Carbohydrate 21g8%
- Dietary Fiber 2g8%
- Sugars 3.2g
- Protein 23g46%
- Vitamin A 77%
- Vitamin C 7%
- Calcium 9.3%
- Iron 13%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.