Cashew chicken is a Chinese-American dish that combines chicken (ordinarily stir-fried but sometimes deep-fried, depending on the variety), with cashews and either light brown garlic or a thick sauce made from chicken, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. It’s one of the most prevalent and popular stir fry dishes at American Chinese eateries.
The conventional adaptation of cashew chicken is stir-fried in a wok. Delicate chunks of chicken are combined with fresh simmered cashews and are hurled in a light sauce made from garlic, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. This simple cashew chicken really does taste better in a restaurant.
This Cashew Chicken is a recipe that genuinely accumulates up to your preferred Chinese takeout. And it’s incredibly speedy and simple to make! A saucy chicken stir fry with cashews, usually an awesome combination of flavors. You’ll adore how impudent this is, and how you can adjust this to your taste by utilizing ingredients of your choice. Cooking well-known take-out dishes like this one at home means you can control the quality of the ingredients, making them far more beneficial.
How to make Cashew Chicken
Put the takeaway menu down!
This Cashew Chicken recipe is a worthy rival to your favorite Chinese restaurant. It's also super quick and simple to make.
For a handmade takeout experience, serve with Hot and Sour Soup or Chinese Corn Soup and a side of Fried Rice.
Let's get started.
For stir Fry
- First, for sauce combine cornflour and soy sauce until no lumps remain. Then whisk in the remaining Sauce ingredients.
- To marinate, pour 2 tablespoons sauce over the chicken and toss to cover. Set aside for at least 10 minutes
- Now, in a wok or heavy-bottomed skillet, heat the oil over high flame.
- Add garlic, onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Cook for 2 minutes after adding the chicken. Cook for 1 minute after adding the capsicum.
Mix in the sauce and the water. Mix constantly, or until the sauce thickens.
Remove from heat and stir in cashews.
- Serve immediately with rice. Enjoy!
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 328.2
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 16.2g25%
- Saturated Fat 5.6g28%
- Cholesterol 32.9mg11%
- Sodium 422.2mg18%
- Potassium 490.9mg15%
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2g11%
- Dietary Fiber 2g8%
- Sugars 17.7g
- Protein 17.9g36%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.