Caprese Salad with Pesto Sauce is a very famous salad of Italian cuisine. It is served with fresh mozzarella cheese on the top. It is very similar to the Margherita pizza. The name of the salad is based on Capri Island. It is a very perfect salad for lunch and for the party meal. It is a perfect source of many good nutritions.
As tomatoes are used in this salad so it gives us many minerals and vitamins. You can get pro-vitamin A and folic acid and biotin. Biotin is very helpful for the improvement of hair. These vitamins are also present such as vitamins C, K, E, B3, B6, B9. These can save you from many diseases and many cancers.
Mozzarella is can work as a fat burner. A pretty good amount of calcium and potassium is found in it. Basil is used in the medicines for the treatment. It is greatly helpful for digestion. Basil with oil avoids the growth of bacteria. It helps in the development of a good mood. Hyperactivity is decreased due to basil. It helps in insomnia.
How to make Caprese Salad with Pesto Sauce
It is a traditional Italian salad. Juicy and tender tomatoes with delicious pesto sauce. Garnish with fresh basil.
For Pesto Sauce:
- Take 2 tomatoes and cut them in a round shape.
- Give them a layer of salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Cut the mozzarella into pieces.
- Serve the sliced tomatoes on the serving plate with mozzarella pieces and extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle tulsi and pesto sauce on it.
- To form a thick paste, mix pine nuts, Parmesan cheese with extra virgin olive oil.
- Add lemon juice.
- To form the desired consistency mix the extra virgin oil.
- Enjoy the salad.
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 212.7
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 12.8g20%
- Saturated Fat 6.1g31%
- Cholesterol 28.3mg10%
- Sodium 160mg7%
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7g5%
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g7%
- Sugars 2.2g
- Protein 9g18%
- Vitamin A 9.6%
- Vitamin C 17.8%
- Calcium 21.7%
- Iron 1.1%
- Vitamin E 1.4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.