Potatoes may not healthy for your health. The sugar in your blood is increased more by potatoes than simple sugar at your home. According to research, one big potato has more than 278 calories. Potatoes have vitamin C, vitamin B-6, niacin, folate, magnesium, manganese and potassium and a huge amount of fibre in itself.
The Glycemic index is very high in a potato. It increases the sugar in the blood. Potatoes are not good for people who are diabetic. Due to the increase in diabetes, it can cause blindness and the failure of the kidney. It can also cause heart diseases.
Nasunin is found in aubergines which provide purple colour to it. Nasunin is used for the protection of lipids which the building block amino acids. Aubergines are also known as eggplant.
How to make Baked Potato and Aubergines
This savoury meal with potatoes and aubergines has a tangy tomato flavour and is a fantastic brunch or lunch option. The flavorful dish's layers keep you full for a long time while also balancing your nutrition. It's the perfect marriage of a high-carb potato and a low-carb aubergine. The combination of tomato and garlic lends an appealing flavour to the dish. Baked Potatoes with Aubergines is the finest dish to choose for whether you want to invite your friends over or treat yourself to a regal lunch at home. This dish's delectability will have your visitors licking their fingers and begging for more.
- Firstly, wash the aubergine thoroughly and cut it into thin slices
- Set aside in large pan of water
- Wash the potatoes, skin peeled off and cut into thin slices
- Put the potatoes slices in another pot of water
- Now, preparing the seasoning first
- Take a bowl to add olive oil, Italian seasoning, herbs, garlic cloves, salt, paprika and mix them well and set aside
- Now, take a baking pan, grease them put the layer of aubergine slices and coat with seasoning
- Now, put the layer of potato and coat with seasoning
- Add up some cheese slices topping with tomatoes slices and then again add some aubergine
- Now, bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 526.6
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 29.9g46%
- Saturated Fat 3.8g19%
- Sodium 26mg2%
- Potassium 1841mg53%
- Total Carbohydrate 64.5g22%
- Dietary Fiber 11.8g48%
- Sugars 2.7g
- Protein 8.6g18%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.