Continental cuisine is a mixture of different types of cuisine such as French, Italian, Spanish cuisine. As we know that these countries are a big part of the continent. That is why it called is continental cuisine. The word European is also used for continental. European cuisine is was invented in the times of Royal Europeans and the Noble court. In the early 1780s, the concept of the modern restaurant was introduced.
Due to the Columbian Exchange, new ingredients are introduced in the market. For Example Eggplant, tomatoes, Potatoes and pumpkin etc. Because of the intermingling of cuisine new dishes of different ingredient was prepared. Different sauce of different taste was also prepared. The best portion of continental cuisine is breakfast. This cuisine never failed to impress us with their breakfast.
Baked mushroom and capsicum is intermixing of very different vegetable together. As it is prepared for breakfast. But it is now also prepared in different nations across the world. The capsicum is gently cooked and gives a very glossy look. Then the capsicum is mixed with mushroom in a very fine method on high flame. It will give a very unique fragrance. To give a very special taste to the dish it is seasoned with salt and pepper.
How to make Baked mushrooms and Capsicum
The flavorful stuffing is what makes them so tasty. They are made up of sliced mushroom stems, onion, and red capsicum (bell pepper). Place them in a hot oven, inhale the delightful fragrances as they bake, and wait patiently to try these delectable morsels.
- Take a frying pan add butter, onions and capsicum and stir-fry till they look glossy
- Stir add the mushrooms and continue to stir-fry over high heat until the vegetables are coated in butter.
- Now, remove the pan from the heat and add the salt, pepper, and white sauce.
- Place the mixture in an oven-safe serving dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the mixture, then top with tomato slices and bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is slightly browned.
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 179
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 3.22g5%
- Saturated Fat 0.04g1%
- Cholesterol 55mg19%
- Sodium 1232mg52%
- Total Carbohydrate 13.82g5%
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g5%
- Sugars 10.39g
- Protein 24.77g50%
- Vitamin A 3%
- Vitamin C 42%
- Calcium 1%
- Iron 4%
- Vitamin D 4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.