You must think that this dish requires a lot of ingredients but no. It is prepared with very simple and easy ingredients available in the supermarket near you. You just need to mix all the ingredient and cover it with the pastry wrap. These are also known as sausage rolls.
From the times of Roman and Greek, the trend of wrapping meat and other stuff is going on. Sausages are the modern development of times. Roll with pork and stuffing was recognised in London at the time Neopolian war. In 1864 William Johnstone invented sausage roll maker and wholesale pork pie.
First, you need to prepare the filling. You need sausages, apples and eggs etc. Some flavourful species are needed. Need some pastries stripes. Add the filling and wrap it up. Then spread some oil or butter on the top. Bake it well. Served it with veggies or a drink.
How to make Apple Sausage Plait
Puff pastry wraps a delicious blend of sausage, apple, onion, and fresh herbs.
- Firstly, take a bowl and grate the apple and onion
- Take a cutting board to chop the coriander and cut sausages into small pieces and add them into a bowl
- Now, add salt, pepper, oregano, basil and mix them well
- Take a baking dish, arrange the sausage mixture in a vertical stripe along the middle of the pastry
- Take a knife, cut approximately 2cm along with the pastry on either side of the sausage mixture
- Then alternating the strips "Plait" the pastry over
- Use a pastry brush and wash over the egg
- Place in a preheated oven at 200C until cook through
- Ready to serve
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 562
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 16g25%
- Saturated Fat 2g10%
- Protein 18g36%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.