What is Prune?
Prune is a dried plum. Prunes cannot be made from all plum species or types. Prunes are Prunus domestica varieties’ firm-fleshed fruit (plum) with a high soluble solids content that does not ferment when drying. The term “prune” is no longer used for fresh plums, save when referring to plum cultivars grown for drying. Prunes have a lot of sugar; therefore, they can be dried without fermenting. They’re also high in fiber, which can aid with bowel and bladder control.
Where it is found?
Prunes are produced by freestone European plum tree kinds
Vitamin K: 52 mcg
Vitamin A: 679 IU
Vitamin B6: 9%
Carbs: 18 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
What are its benefits?
- Help digestion
- Builds bone and muscles
- Provides a good source of iron
- High in potassium
- High in vitamins
- Controls the urge
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Lowers blood pressure
- Help reduce appetite
- Protects against emphysema
- Lowers risk of colon cancer
How to grow prune?
- Prunes can be retained as dwarf trees with a height of 10 to 12 feet.
- They’re self-fertile, hardy in the winter, and the delicious fruit can be eaten fresh, dried, or canned
- Choose a planting location that is clear of low-lying regions that could freeze due to pooling water.
- Place a handful of bone meal at the bottom of the hole, which should be a little deeper and wider than the root ball of the tree.
- Remove the tree from the container and inspect the roots for any damage that needs to be clipped.
- Prune trees produce five years after planting just like plum trees.
How to include it in your diet?
- Eat them alone as a snack
- Added into breakfast oatmeal
- Add them to baked goods
- Prune jam
- Combine them with nuts or other dried fruits to make a delicious snack
- Add them to a savory stew
We have some relevant recipes for you…
- How to make Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Cupcakes
- Strawberry Milkshake
- How to Make Strawberry Shortbread Dessert
- How To Make Aallo Baingan – Baingun ka Bharta
- Low Fat Tiramisu
- How to make Pistachio Panna Cotta
- Chicken Malai Tikka-Sizzling Chicken Malai Tikka Boti
- How to make Blueberry Spinach Protein Smoothie
- Blueberry Spinach Protein Smoothie
- Blueberry Gelatin Salad | How to Make Blueberry Gelatin Salad
- How to make Berries with Ricotta Cream