What is Prickly pear Cactus?
A prickly pear cactus with jointed stems and oval flattened segments, sharp bristles, and huge pear-shaped fruits. Opuntia, also known as prickly pear, is a flowering plant genus. It is also known as tuna (fruit). Some of its species are grown as ornamentals, and their big blossoms are prized. They can be propagated easily from stem segments.
Where Prickly Pear is found?
Prickly pear cacti are native to the Western hemisphere.
Carbohydrate: 14.3 grams
Protein: 1.1 gram
Vitamin A: 1%
Vitamin C: 35%
Vitamin B6: 4%
Fat: 0.8 grams
Water: 130 grams
Ash: 2.4 grams
What are its benefits?
- Treating diabetes
- High cholesterol obesity and hangovers
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Antiviral properties
- High in fiber
- Preventing fatigue
- Preventing ulcers
- Help healing wounds
How to grow it?
- Because prickly pears are a cactus, they require well-draining soil.
- Plant in full sun with a sandy or gritty mix and water sparingly.
- This is a normal reaction to dormancy, and they will plump up again in the spring.
How to include it in your diet?
- Used in juices and Jams
- Can be eaten whole (boiled or grilled)
- Its simple syrup
- Spicy prickly pear glaze on chicken thighs
- Its jelly
- Its Salad
- lemon bars of it
We have some relevant recipes for you…
- How to make Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Cupcakes
- Strawberry Milkshake
- How to Make Strawberry Shortbread Dessert
- How To Make Aallo Baingan – Baingun ka Bharta
- Low Fat Tiramisu
- How to make Pistachio Panna Cotta
- Chicken Malai Tikka-Sizzling Chicken Malai Tikka Boti
- How to make Blueberry Spinach Protein Smoothie
- Blueberry Spinach Protein Smoothie
- Blueberry Gelatin Salad | How to Make Blueberry Gelatin Salad
- How to make Berries with Ricotta Cream