What is honey Pomelo grapefruit?
The Pomelo is a huge Asian citrus fruit with a grapefruit-like flavor. It has a teardrop form and a thick, whitish skin with green or yellow flesh. It can grow to be as big as a cantaloupe or even bigger. Pomelo has a similar flavor to grapefruit, although it’s a little sweeter. It’s high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, making it a nutritious addition to your diet.
What are pomelo benefits?
There is a list of pomelo benefits:
- Full of fiber
- May promote weight loss
- Rich in antioxidant
- May boost heart health
- May have anti-aging properties
- It may be anti-bacterial and antifungal
- May fight cancer cells
Where it is found?
Pomelo trees are native to Southeast Asia, notably Malaysia, Thailand, and southern China, and can be seen growing wild along river banks in Fiji and the Friendly Islands.
Protein: 5 grams
Fat: 0 grams
Carbs: 59 grams
Fiber: 6 grams
Riboflavin: 12.6% of the daily value (DV)
Thiamine: 17.3% of DV
Vitamin C: 412% of DV
Copper: 32% of DV
Potassium: 25% of DV
How to grow this fruit?
- Pomelo tree care also requires not only adequate sun but also moist soil.
- Provide proper drainage and water to the its plant or tree at least once a week, regardless of the soil type.
- To prevent disease and fungus, keep the area around your pomelo free of debris, grass, and weeds.
- Fertilize with a citrus fertilizer
- Its trees can reach a height of 25 feet and grow 24 inches (61 cm) per season. They can survive 50-150 years and grow 24 inches (61 cm) per season (7.5 m.)
How to include pomelo in your diet?
- Dried pomelo is used in deserts
- Eaten as candy
- Used as substitute for other citrus fruit
- Excellent addition to salads
- How to make Sugar-Free Apple Pie
- Mamey sapote fruit benefits | tree | recipes
- Soursop fruit | 15 health benefits of soursop leaves
- How to Make Pineapple, Cheese, and Ham Salad
- Apple Sauce | How to Make Apple Sauce
- How to make Apple Sausage Plait
- How to make Continental Apple Cake
- Dessert | How to Make Strawberry Shortbread Dessert
- How to make Chicken Malai Tikka-Sizzling Chicken Malai Tikka Boti