What is Bok Choy?
Bok choy, additionally called pak choi or pok choi, is considered one of two main styles of leafy green vegetable referred to as Chinese cabbage. The cruciferous vegetable belongs to the mustard circle of relatives in conjunction with cabbage, turnips, broccoli, and kale.
Where they usually found?
It is the most popular vegetable in Eastern Asia
100 grams of cooked bok choy contain
Vitamin A: 5%
Vitamin B: 9%
Pantothenic acid: 1%
Vitamin C: 34%
What are its benefits?
- Beneficial for low Blood Pressure patients
- Keeps your heart healthy
- Controls your cholesterol level
- Have a property to fight against inflammation
- Help to improve digestion
- Help to improve brain health
How to grow it
- One of the steps to develop Chinese cabbage is to put together the soil.
- Planting Chinese cabbage (Bok Choy) requires heavy soil that holds moisture.
- You do no longer want the soil too wet, but, due to the fact it can rot the plant.
- To hold your Chinese cabbage growing properly all through the season, you should fertilize the soil before planting.
- Additionally, make certain flowers get sufficient water, however not too much, during the season.
How to Include It In Your Diet?
- You can use it raw
- You can use it in different dishes like soup and salad