What is Beet?
Beetroots typically referred as beets, are a famous root vegetable used in lots of cuisines around the sector. Beets are filled with critical vitamins, minerals, and plant compounds, a number of that have medicinal properties. What’s great about them is, they’re delicious and smooth to add to your diet.
Where they usually found?
It is usually found in Mediterranean areas
100 grams of cooked beets contain
- Calories: 44
- Protein: 1.7 grams
- Fat: 0.2 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Vitamin C: 6% of the RDI
- Folate: 20% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 3% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 6% of the RDI
- Potassium: 9% of the RDI
- Phosphorous: 4% of the RDI
- Manganese: 16% of the RDI
- Iron: 4% of the RDI
What are its benefits?
- Beneficial for Blood Pressure patients
- Good for cancer patients
- Improve Athletic Performance
- Good for Weight Loss
- Have a property to fight against inflammation
- Help to improve digestive health
- Help to improve brain health
How to grow it
- Take the seeds from the market
- Choice a suitable area for growth
- You can also use pot
- Spread the seeds 2cm deep and keep the distance of at least 10 to 15cm. So it will easily grow in rows
- Water it daily
- Keep it away from birds and weeds
How To Include It In Your Diet?
- Used it as a juice
- Beet leaves are good for health so you can also cook them, don’t waste them
- Can be used as a salad